Tuesday, March 24, 2015

31 Days of Adventure: Day 24 - Gorgeous Weather and Strange Easter Candy



Day 24! Wow! The time is flying...it seems we just started March and here we are tomorrow will be the last Wednesday....and the single day that I provide the most wishes to my fellow Marchers and Marchettes! 4 tomorrow.

Anyway today was a singularly spectacular day. The weather was absolutely perfect. So much so that being the island girl at heart, I opened the door to the deck and the window in my bathroom to let some fresh air flow through....this before the yellow storm of pollen befalls us.

I worked from home today and was able to get a little run in at lunch. I really need to do this both days that I work at home. It's very relaxing and therapeutic...and I am in need of a bit of therapy right now. It was beautiful weather, but I could tell the pollen count was starting to get high - or at least for my specific allergen. The first batch of trees are in full pollen producing mode. I came back with an itchy nose, but all is well.

I made a side trip to the Dollar Tree - one of my favorite places....for odd food products pictures. For the most peculiar finds, I also like Big Lot or other similar stores. My brother and I have an ongoing text battle to see who can find the strangest, oddest, or grossest food product.  Some of the more "fabulous" ones we've found:  kale soda,  pumpkin pie pop tarts, red velvet oreos...and the list could go on.  Each one more unbelievable or fantastic that the one before.  

However, I think I have the Easter Candy Edition handled! Something about those marshmallow bunnies....Although they were right next to the "Peeps" they definitely are not "Peeps"...I've named them Poops. They were just named generic "Marshmallow Bunny" - those eyes and that smile!!!! 

 Imagine the nightmares a child, or adult for that matter, would have finding those in their Easter Basket. And the Skittles - I didn't even know there was a "Darkside of the Rainbow"....creepy.



Anyway, after work I finally finished my Race Bib Project...I have a lot more runs to do to fill this up...but I'm working on that. I have a few other projects that I want to get done before March says bye, bye. I'll be getting busy the next 7 days!







All in all, it was a pretty routine day...other than the creepy candy....I'm not sure I'm going to sleep well tonight! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment