Friday, March 13, 2015

31 Days of Adventure - Day 13: A Mini Celebratory Retreat!

This weekends plans didn't quite work out the way I imagined when I planned it. But..."the best laid plans..."
Driving up to the mountains it was very cloudy and the higher I got, the harder it was to see. The tips of each ridge was hidden behind low hanging rain clouds
Once I got in town I poked around a little to get some breakfast fixins and pick up some fruit. I don't like going downstairs for breakfast and being the thrifty traveler that I am Room Service is out of the question. I managed to get in and out of Greelife/Whole Foods without blowing the entire weekends budget.

Once I arrived at the hotel, I had a pleasant surprise. I was offered an upgrade to a king room. Suspicious, I asked if it was going to cost me more. What?! No?! Well then of course I'll take it! It's quite cozy and I love the huge walk in shower. I mean huge...like if you passed out you wouldn't hit your head huge...like you could stretch out (well maybe I could stretch out) on the floor huge!

I had an early dinner at Tupleo Honey which was fabulous (except for the fried green tomatoes which I didn't care for). An excellent Spinach salad with cranberries, almonds, sunflower seeds, carrots, marinated onions and grape tomatoes topped with an Asian Sesame Orange dressing; Fried Green tomatoes on the bed of grits with a red pepper coulis and pimento cheese dip with corn chips. On my way back to the car I did pass a gentleman in town with a pretty white dog. The man had a nice full white beard, a little longer than it was full and wide. He asked for some change for "a broke down hippie". I helped him out and he said he liked my hair. I smiled and said thanks. A complement is a complement and I'm learning to accept them without qualifications.




Back in the parking lot of the hotel I noticed there must be something going on in town this weekend, 5 Model T's in really great driving condition were parked there. My hands were full, it was raining and almost dark, so I didn't get any pictures. But I'm going to see if I can catch them in the morning.

For now, I'm tucked away...happy to have seen another day. Blessed...no other way to look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment