Friday, March 20, 2015

31 Days of Adventure - Day 20 Out and About and All Around

What a day! I was going to sleep in this morning, but after waking up and hearing that there was an accident on 400 (the direction I was headed for my 8:00 a.m. oil change) I got out of bed and rushed to get ready since I knew the secondary roads would be packed. A 15 minute trip took over an hour. When traffic gets messed up, it gets really messed up.

After the oil change, it was off to pick up "The Table!"  It fit perfectly in my vehicle and I'm happy with it. Just need a little clean up (perhaps on Sunday) and it will join me in the dining room.  I've not decided if I'm going to paint it yet or leave it as it is.  I figure, I'll live with it as it is and see how I like it.  I can paint later.





Between the Table pick up and lunch, I ran a few errands including a trip to Home Depot.   While they didn't have exactly what I was looking for, I did spy a few small fruit trees (nectarine and peach) that were blossoming. 
Peach Blossoms
I had lunch with a friend. We had a great time and great service at Buckhead Diner....thanks to the gift card giver, my dining partner and Joe P who provided the best, most courteous and attentive (correctly balanced) service I've had in a long time.

Blue Cheese Chips...soooo bad but soooo good!
We balanced out the chips with matching veggie plates
Birthday Dessert
Finally,  downtown to pick up my bib for the Luckie 5K on Sunday. Since I've been slacking on my running, I downgraded to the 5K instead of the Half Marathon as originally planned. I didn't stay for the Expo since I didn't want to get caught in traffic on the way home.

All of this, but I think today's biggest adventure was learning a bit about the power of forgiveness and being forgiven. I think it's important to balance both...forgive and you'll be forgiven, both sides of the same coin. Sometimes one is harder than the other...but either way, they both bring peace and I'm still learning.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment